Monday, January 4, 2010

Barney's Newest Addition

I've been hard at work these past couple of weeks preparing things for the new windows at Barneys Department Store in NYC. Today was my first day at the Madison Ave store, and got to help take down the Christmas windows. Did anyone see them? It was all based on Saturday Night Live skits! (Photos: )

It was kind of bizarre holding a giant-sized Christmas ornament shaped like heads of characters like "Pat", and "Mango". There was even some very nice and appreciative people there from SNL to take what they could of the displays which was a nice gesture.

Well, then it was time to install the new ones based on designs by Simon Doonan for the New Year. All I can say right now is that it involves LOTS of fortune cookies. It's a lot of fun, and I'll try to snap a few pics to share for any curious folks out there. I'll be there until about Wednesday this week and if you pass by in the daytime, chances are you'll see me gluing my heart out. Barney's stores across the country are in the process of doing the same, so if you have one near you check it out.

No comments: