Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A True Blood companion

Recently, I was contacted by a lovely woman named Rebecca Wilcott who is not only a fan of the True Blood television series, but also the author of an upcoming companion guide to the series called "Truly, Madly, Deadly: The Unofficial True Blood Companion" (June 2010, ECW Press). From what I understand so far, the book contains a series of sidebars and short interviews with a wide variety of people responding to True Blood and/or the vampire genre. The point is to show how pervasive the genre is/has always been in society. Each sidebar is unique in that each person's contribution is different.

The best part of all this (in my opinion) is that Becca asked me and my dolls to be a part of it, too! I even did up a portrait of myself just for her book in "True Blood" style. Oh, I suppose I should mention my better half, Brian (the genius behind Campblood.org and the ever fabulous Blood Work vlog) is also featured. Yeah!

For more about Rebecca and her work, visit her wordpress web page:
http://rebeccawilcott.wordpress.com/about/

I'll post more news about the book when I hear it. For now, you'll have to just play with my paper dolls and wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy!

From the bottom of my hear, this book wouldn't be the same without your buff, nekkid play things!

Thank you SO much for being a part of it!

:D

B.