Wednesday, December 16, 2009

They casted Alcide!?

Yes! While reading one of my favorite blogs, Loving True Blood in Dallas, I saw that the role of Alcide Herveaux was given to actor Joe Manganiello. He was on some show called "One Tree Hill" which I never watched (but heard of), but I've otherwise never heard of this guy before. Oh wait... just read he was "Flash Tompson" in that terrible Spiderman 3 movie. Well, that doesn't help as I can't remember anything about that movie anyways (like a bad dream). So I googled him, and saw lots of dark, Italian looking mugshots.

Hmmm... looks like he can be scruffy and has looks like he could bulk up with some serious muscle:
But I hope he's got some chest hair! I will start a boycott ...I mean MANcott... against smooth werewolves. Those twinks from New Moon need to stop shaving their chests. Heck, they probably shave their pubes off, too. That's OK (I know it takes all types), but Werewolves need to be hairy! And no "Manscaping" werewolves either: Werewolves are not metrosexual!

Well, I won't judge. I'll wait and see what happens next season. All I know is that when I read the books, Alcide could easily be the hottest guy in the series.

I sort of imagined him something like:
Jason Stathom





Ryan Reynolds





or (the obvious) "Huge Jackedman"





Do you think I'm right? Will you join my fight to bring hairy werewoves back in style? Please leave a comment and tell me... so I know who I can and cannot sacrifice. ;)

5 comments:

poopisan said...

hiya Brain. I pictured him as this hairy bartender i used to know, named "El Pedio" i don't have a picture but the guy they picked is more appealing. Keep up the good work and love the dollies. I have them all.

Andy said...

Awww... thanks for the comment about the dolls. I want to do many more, but just don't seem to have the time right now. :(

Kris said...

What a great blog! Thanks to Sookie on twitter for leading me here.

You know what, eh? I think the Italian dude might make a good Alcide, though I pictured Alcide to have darker skin. You're absolutely right about the werewolves needing to be hairy, though! In the books, Charlaine Harris does make a point to have Sookie point out "the hair on the backs on Alcide's hands." I guess we shall see.

By the way, I wanted to thank you for making me burst into laughter at work (thank goodness no one was around) when I read "Huge Jackedman." How clever.

Have a great day :) Lovely V-Day cards, by the way!

The Wagner Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wagner Family said...

SO pictured him as Hugh Jackman!!