Monday, August 31, 2009

Why only ONE True Blood doll this week?

I wonder if you're here because you followed the link from my True Blood paper doll site... wondering why on Earth I only have ONE doll this week? Are you one of these people? Well if you are... this post is for YOU!

Believe-it-or-not a lot of work goes into making these dolls. Well, it's kind of not "work" because I enjoy it sooo much, but I call it "work" because it's part of my list of weekly responsibilities. I also don't make any income from all the work I put into these babies... unless I receive a generous contribution from a fellow True Blood fan, or fan of my artwork. This is not a plug for you to make a donation, but this guy needs to concentrate on earning a living, too! ;)

So why Jason this week? Well, besides the fact that I've been enjoying Jason's character much more recently... I had his sketch ready for a while. This past week was also a bit of a "crunch" for me, and I haven't had as much time to devote to making True Blood babies... so the choice was practically made for me.

Now some of you may be miffed that you haven't seen an Eric paper doll yet. True, Eric is a devilish slice of heaven and a major character on the show. Also true that there is only ONE more episode of True Blood this season! *gasp* So.... you know what? You guessed it: Eric will be making his appearance here with the season finale. You know what they say: "Save the best for last". (Well, Bill is "my best" ...but I'm not going to get into that here.)

BTW- I will have some special paper doll goodness posted next week, even tho True Blood will be on break. So check back next week to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks again to all of you who follow my art, help to promote my work, and *most importantly* enjoy playing with these dolls! It's a labor of love for me, and I'm seriously tickled to death that they are such a hit with people.

THANK YOU!

13 comments:

Bradley said...

Thank you so so so much for these dolls! They are a surefire way to get me to smile and I look forward to them every week! I can't wait for Eric's next week!!!

GoddessofGore said...

I just want to thank you for the hard work you've put in. The dolls are AMAZING and they've been amusing me and my work buddies since I stumbled upon them a few weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, you're my hero.

Sylvia said...

Andy, I just love these dolls they are fabulously done. Thank you for making them!
The scary Eric-loving fangirl in me is naturally a wee bit disappointed that he wasn't up this week but I remain eternally grateful to you for bringing these dolls into the world.

Cherin said...

Andy, thank you so much for the dolls, I simply adore them. I fix them at work and print them out. Even my boss loves them. He keeps asking me who's this week. I will explain to him what is going on. I love Jason here lately so you are pretty spot on. I was worried how you will hand out the rest of the tribe, so Im excited about next week.
What are we do to after the finale!? god I already miss them!

cherin~

TeamEricSookie said...

Great job, as usual Andy! Thank you.

Now I'm also going to find pics of a raw ribeye steak and an eggplant to reenact scenes from Epi 1x04 when Jason overdosed on the V. ;P

I'm looking very forward to my #1 Viking vamp's doll in the future.

=^..^=

Gustavo said...

Actually I was expecting for MaryAnn's with that scary bull head as accessory, but I love Jason too and again you did a great job. I loved all the paper dolls and I really enjoying your work.

Thank you so much for keep doing them and giving us, True Blood fans, this wonderful gift. I'm from Brazil and the dolls are very popular around here.

Thank you!!

Bubbles von BonBon said...

Seriously, it's been said, but you do a wonderful job of making my week. Thanks for all your efforts.

xoxo

iris said...

There are AWESOME! I can't wait for my cubicle puppet show!

Kels said...

love your dolls so much

yours the bomb

Abbycomix said...

Bill's my fave too, but Eric's looking good lately ^_^ God bless that casting director! Your dolls are all gorgeous!

madeline said...

We've been using Pam's paper doll as a stand in for Eric with much success. Only the scenes with Eric and Pam are tricky, but with a slight trick of the hand and a little "divergence", the transition between the two is seamless - hardly noticeable really.
Can you make one of the egg? It promises much hilarity.

Saku Lex said...

Andy- loving your work! Was hanging for Jason's arrival and you did not dissapoint in the slightest!

He now has pride of place on my desk at work; although I had to force him to wear clothing as work may be liberated... but not that much!

Keep up the great work, and can't wait to see Eric's racer top!

Kvasthilda said...

Just want to chime in with everyone else and say GRRRREAT WORK! Really looking forward to see what you will make of Eric. I've read all the books and am a slightly bit annoyed how they play out the plot, but what they hey. Great series anyway. Gotta love'm vamps!
Greetings from Sweden!